NATIVE COUNCIL OF NOVA SCOTIA
Aboriginal Family Resource Outreach Worker
A Native Advocacy Representative Organization representing, promoting and advancing the self-governing institutions and services of the off-reserve Aboriginal/Mi’kmaq of Nova Scotia, “Going Forward To A Better Future.” To further the objective of improving the social, cultural, educational and employment situation of the rural, urban, off-reserve Aboriginal Peoples of Nova Scotia.
POSITION TITLE: NCNS Aboriginal Family Resource Outreach Worker
LOCATION SETTING: Native Council of Nova Scotia
To provide Aboriginal children, youth and their families throughout the Coldbrook/Valley areas of the province of Nova Scotia with resources, tools, programs and services that support their healthy development and help them reach their full potential.
The Family Resource programs provide community based programs and services that support the healthy development and well-being of children and youth by strengthening families and communities while using Holistic approaches to supporting positive outcomes. The objective is to provide brighter futures for Aboriginal children, youth, parents and Elders of our community by use of information, programming and supports. Responsible for the continued development, organization, coordination and support and day to day operations of the family resource entity as set out by the Native Council of Nova Scotia.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Post-secondary or equivalent work experience in Human Services.
- Knowledge of Child/Youth Development and understanding the issues facing Aboriginal families.
- Ability to Speak and understand Mi’kmaq language, familiarity with culture would be considered an asset.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication and writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, problem solver and team player for the benefit of the service.
- Willingness to provide current criminal records check and child abuse registry check
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Salary Range: negotiable
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with some extended hours as needed
Holiday, vacations, and other employment benefits as per office policy and procedure of NCNS
Closing Date: December 14th, 2021
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include salary expectations in your cover letter.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you are Indigenous, please self-identify in cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.