Native Council of Nova Scotia
The HYPE program is projected to be delivered over a two-year period that will reach out to 9 communities across the province of Nova Scotia, located either off-reserve or on-reserve in a First Nation community.
HYPE is a 15-week program geared to help Aboriginal youth build skills for the workplace. It helps those who are interested in working or returning to the work force.
How We Help
This program has a lot to offer such as: job search based on your personal interests, updating resumes and obtaining certificates to make you stand out as an individual.
The Native Council of Nova Scotia offers a 5-week pre-employment workshop, followed by a 10-week work placement program, in order to ensure a smooth transition into the work force. The 10-week work placements have potential to lead into full-time employment based on individual situations and the employer’s need.
- Aboriginal Youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years old
- Been unemployed for a time and/or require upskill
- Must not be currently on an employment insurance claim
- Aboriginal decent (status non status)
- Be willing to commit to our full 15-week program
- All interested youth are required to complete an application form for the program and submit to the HYPE Co-ordinator
HYPE Coordinator–Anna Martin
260 Wyse Road, Suite 200
Dartmouth, NS B3A 1N3